Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Review

Yes, I know, there's nothing more boring than blogging about blogging, but around about this time of year, when I'm on holidays, I usually find myself asking whether I should continue with this blog. It's not that it takes a lot of effort but there are other things I could do with my spare time - like more reading, research and walking. So, a review is in order.

Looking back at four years of blogging I've had 48 000 page hits and 1600 comments from all continents with the 'hot spots' appearing to be Brisbane and Sydney in Australia, San Francisco, Chicago, St Louis, Atlanta and Philadelphia in the US, London, Paris and Arad, Romania of all places (whence hails my indefatigable Romanian Orthodox correspondent Lucian!). Last time I checked, about three years ago, average daily visitors numbered about 30, but as of today I note they are about 100, which is encouraging. Not that numbers were ever a goal (honestly!), as I enjoy blogging as a hobby, but it's nice to be read! So, we'll continue for another year and see how it goes. Meantime I'll be tidying up the virtual old manse, which means getting my links into order and eliminating any redundancies in them.

One thing I must add is that while I always endeavour to personally reply to all comments and off-blog correspondence and enjoy receiving it, especially from overseas visitors, with a family and a real space and time ministry to attend to (in a parish which measures 100 kilometres from north to south as the crow flies) I don't have the time to offer pastoral counsel by e-mail (nor would it be ethical to do so in most cases). My advice to all who seek such is to contact your nearest confessional Lutheran pastor. I'm always happy to advise where he may be found.

A peaceful and prosperous New Year, my friends!

4 comments:

Terry Maher said...

I am glad the blog will continue! This is an outstanding blog, by which I mean, a reliable beacon for "Lutheranism" as our confessions present it as the full Christian faith.

Maybe I'll have to amp up commenting so next year Omaha can make the list of "hot spots"!

Assuming of course I don't move to Aussieralia. OTOH, Winter in Summer and water going down the drain the wrong way might put me over the top!

Bucko said...

Hi mark. As mentioned earlier I have really appreciated your blogs through the year. Hopefully the start of 2012 will be less stressful than this year. God bless you and your family. Jase.

churchmousec said...

Please continue blogging, Pastor Mark! Yours is a jewel in the crown!

All best wishes to you and your family for the New Year.

Churchmouse

Pr Mark Henderson said...

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement, friends. Will enjoy your company in 2012!